NEWBORN

MY MUST HAVES FOR BAB
Y

part1/2


KAIRO


I wanted to put together a list of what i think newborns need. This blog is for pregnant mommies if you trying to sort out what you need when your baby arrives. I made a list of some of my favorites. All the basic clothing items i listed i got those for my son.The photos of Kairo above his wearing the Jet brand. The Edgars ones i recently started using and i love the quality a bit more than the Jet brand. I just think the textures are different, the Jet brand is more ribbed and the Edgars brand is alot smoother. The Jet brand stayed true to shape, it did not lose its shape after a few wears.

In terms of quantity of clothing for your newborn, I probably bought way too much newborn things cause he grew out of all his clothing fast. You get size 'newborn' & 1 to 3 months. I wanted the bodysuit's to fit properly, so that's why i bought the newborn. They will unfortunately grow out if it too fast. I know most of the advice i got from people were to buy a size bigger, you can do this if you want. Some of the cuts might be bigger because kairo could still wear 1 to 3 months even when he was 4 to 5 months. He generally was a big baby, most people thought he was bigger than he was. In terms of sizes you should buy it according to how you want it to fit.

I will say a lot of the really cute newborn outfits i should of got in a bigger size for when he was a bit older. Newborns are generally always wrapped up in a blanket. 
I would suggest splurging on really cute blankets and hats. Im not saying don't buy expensive outfits for your newborn, we all get excited its only natural to want to buy everything!
If its your first born you'll probably splurge.
If you get clothing from your baby shower maybe change the clothing size of something you want them to wear at a later stage.

They just grow out of everything so fast. From like 3 months they start filling out. So clothes fit a bit better, what you buy also depends on the weather around the time of the birth of your baby.
We also had to do clothing shopping every 3 months for Kairo. 

Below i put together a list of items i think are worth getting.
I love to have clothing items that are different, I'm not a huge fan of popular printed cartoons.
I don't mind the animals or more abstract and unusual colours




BABY BASICS
↢↢↢↢↢↣↣↣↣↣
So I only included body suits because i personally did not like the tops, they just creep up all the time. 
All items come if a variety of colours, i just listed the more neutral ones. Check out the links for available colours.


KAIRO


jet - sleeveless-bodysuit R19.99


jet - long-sleeve-body-vest R21.99



jet - short-sleeve-bodysuit R21.99


Edgars - bodysuits R189.95

edgars - bodysuits-vests R89.95




jet - leggings R18.99





jet- basic-joggers R18.99



ACCESSORIES
↢↢↢↢↢↣↣↣↣↣

I loved using a cute beanie on Kairo. I can't remember if i got it from Jet or Ackermans.
I got a few of these types, I got him the plain hats, especially if its not that cold for such a warm beanie.
I think the mittens are a must cause they scratch their faces. Babies nails grow so fast you will need to cut it like 1 to 2 times a week. So its good to have mittens in case you don't get to 
doing it.


KAIRO


jet- 2-pack-beanies R24.99



cottonon - knit-beanie R129.00


cottonon - beanie R129.00



ackermans - 2-pack-panda-hats R39.95



ackerman - grey-beanie R19.95


superbalist - beanie R113.00 SALE

jet-4-pack-socks R39.99




littlelumps - mittens R39.00



mrphome - burp cloths R79.99


babiesrus - 2 pack baby burper R99.90




BABY SLEEP SETS & GROWERS
↢↢↢↢↢↣↣↣↣↣
Ackermans have some really great stuff, in store there is so much more. I would say i love the quality of  Woolworth's & Edgar's baby sleep wear.
All Kairos sleep wear are from edgars and woolworths and i love the look of them. I also love clothing that is different, i would of loved to include H&M as well in this blog but they don't have there clothing displayed on there website anymore. Definitely go and see what they have in store.
woolworths - Sleepsuit R250


ackermans - 3-piece-longsleeve-set  R159.95





ackermans - babygrow R199.95


superbalist - babygrows-sleepsuits R149.00 SALE

superbalist - babygrows-sleepsuits R89.00 SALE

superbalist - legging  R104 SALE
ackermans - 2-pack-leggings R59.95

BLANKETS 
↢↢↢↢↢↣↣↣↣↣

Muslin blankets to swaddle baby are a trend right now. I would get a few of these cause they are so cute and babies love these cause they so use to being bundled up in your belly. They more relaxed and calm once they feel wrapped up. I would defintley recommend getting these.







woolworths - Muslin-Receiving-Blanket-2-Pack R199

woolworths - Muslin-Receiving-Blankets-2-Pack R199


mrphome - 2-muslin-cloths  R129.99




netflorist - personalised blanket R295.95


iconix - muslin-swaddles  R249

woolworths - Blankets R299







BABY BAGS
↢↢↢↢↢↣↣↣↣↣
After using both a tote bag and a back pack. I would suggest a back pack. If you going to be on your on at some point without help carrying the bag. I highly recommend a back pack. The tote kept slipping off my shoulders. If you want you can get both. I personally prefer the back pack. The first grey bag below, my sister in-law has that one, i would say its at the top of my favorites list.

takealot - diaper-bag-backpack-grey R294.00


babiesrus - diaper-backpack R499.90


I hope you guys found this information useful, I will be doing a part 2 on my
'My Must Haves for Baby'

Note:
All prices listed above are subject to change, they were taken at the time this blog was published.

Subscribe at the top of this page to get more blog post like this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY FIRST GYNECOLOGIST VISIT

pearly whites