BABY

KAIRO'S EYE INFECTION 

Kairo

I wanted to share my not so fun experience that i had this pass weekend. My son was up two nights in a row. So it all started Friday night, at around 11pm or so, kairo was up crying and i could just tell it was more than just him wanting his bottle. He was really upset.
So we tried to give him his bottle but he refused to take it. Eventually we turned on all the lights and then we saw what the problem was. His eyes were completely closed!
They were stuck by a yellow goo.
We put warm water on his face cloth and just wiped his eye till they opened. I think he was traumatized that he couldn't get his eyes open.

Then i remembered my husband and i noticed he was getting like a yellow sticky goo in the corner of his eyes before he went to bed. Every time we wiped it 10 minutes later it would come back.
I didn't think too much of it and then the following morning it kept happening.
So i googled it to see if it was serious, and they gave me two options he either had an eye infection or pink eyes!.
So i got dressed and off we went to see the doctor.

Kairo is generally very friendly he goes to anyone who wants to take him. So he weren't in a bad mood or in any pain, he was himself.
We met with a very friendly doctor, who asked about his symptoms which just was the sticky eyes. He gave Kairo a check up and told me, that his throat was inflamed and he had an eye infection. He said that he has been seeing a lot of this, so i asked if other kids have been coming with the same thing. He said yes, i didn't ask if its contagious or how he came to have it.

I think going to the doctor was the easy part. The treatment is the hardest part. The Doctor prescribed a small tube with ointment which we have to apply in his eyes! 3 times a day for five days.
It is the worst thing ever. It is a two man job, my son is traumatized every time we have to do it.
I hate it, but i want him to get better. Then there's a antibiotic which he has to complete which is just a liquid and it tastes good so he don't mind taking it.

On top of all that i think he had a wind that was worrying him, i might be wrong but it was like he was colic again. He was trying to swallow and every time he tried he would just cry. He struggled to drink his bottle. The two nights were the same.
Then on Sunday i was taking him out his car seat and he was sleeping, he gave the biggest burp straight out his sleep. Even he got a shock. I think after that he was fine, he slept peacefully. 
I don't even know if he could have a wind that long, 2 days?

Anyway it was a sleepless weekend, at least we got a good nights sleep on Sunday.

Hopefully by sharing my experience it will be helpful to other moms going through the same thing.

I wonder what i can expect next from my soon to be 1 year old!


↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↢↢↢↢↢↢↢↢↢↢





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY FIRST GYNECOLOGIST VISIT

pearly whites