LIFE WITH A NEWBORN

BABY

LIFE WITH A NEWBORN

KAIRO



Life with a newborn, although it is true that they eat sleep and pop. They up every two hours or and hour. You have to now adjust to being on there schedule. It can be tiring, new moms have to rest as much as possible as well. I remember trying to sleep when he would sleep but i would be even more tired cause i would wake up still tired.

I think there are a lot of moments as a mom you go through but its not really discussed.
Maybe some moms are worried that other moms will judge them. For me the night routine was the hardest i think cause your brain is telling your body its sleeping time, but you are up every 2 hours to feed your baby, burp your baby and make them sleep. I could not wait until he could hold his own bottlel! 

When you become a mom life changes for sure. I think its normal to love your baby and say hey this is hard work too. Its just super draining in the start cause both you and baby are adjusting to him being out your belly. 
I was pretty much at home on my own with him because my husband worked i had to everything
on my own but it was honestly the way i wanted it. 
I know in our family when someone has a baby, a family member will stay over to help or you will go back home by your parents so you can get help with the baby. I just wanted to be by myself with my baby doing everything myself. It can become over whelming with every one telling how to do every single thing. I was just like i can do this.

              

Every bath time every feeding time or changing time i looked at it as a bonding experience. I even made up a song for bath time and my son loves it, he remembers it when i sing it to him, he just will starts dancing! it so cute

I also became super attached to my baby, i wanted to carry him all the time even when i was visiting. I don't know if any other moms went through this. I was like a momma bear, protecting her cub. That is honestly how i felt. Its no so much  that i didn't trust anyone. I was just a first time mom and i wanted to just nest with my baby, just bonding. All of my time went to him.
It weren't just me thou, my husband was completely obsessed with him, i called him the baby hogger. We would be in the lounge and we would hear that he was up, and we would like try get to him first, it was so funny. We just love him so much.

                     





So when kairo was about 2/ 3 weeks old he got colic. He was so young and its painful for them he struggled to drink his milk cause of all the wind in him, he would cry cause it sore for him when he had wind. And we had to burp him more than once, he would be full of wind and if you never burp him properly he would wake up within like 15 minutes of putting him down. He only started to come right like when he was 2 months. I put him on formula very young cause he weren't getting enough milk from me. I didn't want him on formula but i also didn't want him to be hungry.

I used telament colic drops it helped him abit to get his winds out.



Kairo
                             

Postpartum!Yes, i went through it! It is very real. The 2 weeks after you give birth you go through the worst depression. I remember thinking why do i feel like i just lost everything when i just had my son who I've been looking forward to for so long. I felt like what did i get myself into im still so young what is my life going to be like. It was a roller-coaster of emotions. I googled it and it gave me peace of mind to know that i weren't alone. There are different forms of depression it should not last more than 2 weeks thou. If you still feel that way go and see your doctor. I know its such a bummer cause the picture you had in your head and the reality is just not the same.


But when i got over that phase i was just enjoying my baby. I tried to bond with him every chance i got. I treasure the time i got to spend with him.
telament_paediatric-colic-drops


Kairo in hospital 

   Every parents biggest fear! Its such a crazy thing when you have a baby all you do its worry from day one. I would always check on Kairo, he got to a stage where i would find him face down in his cot! Ah i don't know if all babies do this, When he was born we started off making him sleep on his tummy. Then when we started finding him sleeping face down, we started making him sleep on his side, but he wouldn't sleep long in that position. We had to check on him every time. Some moms don't make there babies sleep on there back for fear of them vomiting and choking. Kairo is 11 months now he sleeps on his tummy and back.
   
Kairo sleeping face down

I hope my experiences was helpful. ❤️♡❤️♡

Subscribe to my blog for regular updates thanks!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY FIRST GYNECOLOGIST VISIT

pearly whites