HOSPITAL BAG

PREGNANCY

HOSPITAL BAG


So I packed a bag for myself and baby, I did not know that the Hospital supplied everything for my baby. I packed for both of us and they provided me with his own bag with everything he needed. In the bag they gave me had toiletries, pampers, wet wipes, dummie/pacifier, maternity pads. I don't remember everything that was in the bag but i didn't need to use anything i had packed.They have baby clothes that they used and blankets those things you leave behind when you take your baby home, so you will need a outfit with a hat and a blanket.
I will do a list of everything i packed for my baby anyway because not all hospitals provide you with this,i know public hospitals here in South Africa don't give you anything so you will need to go well equipped.




(Kairo in a outfit and blacket provived by Westville hospital)




(Kairo in a outfit and blanket provided by Westville hospital)
Heres what i packed!

BABY'S BAG:

- x2 grower(in the day)
- x2 sleep-suits
- x2 plain bodysuits
- x2 pairs of socks
- x2 hats
- x1 going home outfit
- x1 pack pampers
- x1 wet wipes
- x1 face cloth
- x1 towel
- x1 receiver blanket
- x1 warm blanket
- x1 swaddle
- x1 lotion
- x1 powder
- x1 dummie
- x2 burp cloths
- x1 nail clipper (you can replace this with mittens)

what i actually used:

- x1 grower(to take baby home)
- x1 hat
- x1 socks
- x1 receiver blanket
- x1 warm blanket


MY BAG:
- x2 pjs
- x2 nursing bras
- x2 maternity pads
- x1 bedroom slippers
- x1 flip flops
- x5 underwear
- x1 gown
- x2 dresses
- x1 going home outfit
- x1 lotion
- x1 roll-on
- x1 spray
- x1 toothpaste
- x1 toothbrush
- x1 soap
- x1 face cloth
- x1 towel
- x1 hairbrush
- x1 comb
- x1 hairband
- x1 hair scarf

After i had given birth, I had a bath and they brought me supper. They brought my baby to me to feed.
He was already full dressed and he was in the cart. His bag was at the bottom of the cart. So i could change his nappy if i needed to. It was so much better that way, cause the nurses use that bag as well when they in the nursery. I didn't make him sleep next to me cause i was still drowsy and tired. So when i saw him in the nursery they gave him a pacifier. So he had everything.

I think all private Hospitals give you stuff for your baby. I know Parklands Hospital provides your baby with everythhing as well.

Kairo the day he left the Hospital

I hope my experience was useful, i know i stressed about that day for so long, i googled so many hospital bags.
I know Westville does a Hospital tour for those of you wanting to see what its like. I definitely will recommend trying them i had a really good experience.




  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY FIRST GYNECOLOGIST VISIT

pearly whites