MY FIRST GYNECOLOGIST VISIT

PREGNANCY

MY FIRST VISIT

WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR FIRST GYNECOLOGIST VISIT


MY FIRST SCAN 
(i was about 3 months and 1 week)


On my first visit i went to Parklands Hospital and meet with Dr. Keerath, i was very impressed with the way the visit went. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful.
It was the most exciting time of my life and he made mine and my husbands experience a pleasant one.

So the first thing i had to do before i saw the gynae, the nurse gave me forms to fill out and then she she took my weight and made me do a urine test.

When i saw the gynecologist, he had my file and he asked me questions about my medical history as well as my families medical history.Once he had gone through the paper work he asked me to go into a separate room and lay down. He checked my blood pressure, breasts for any abnormalities and my belly and he did a pap smear. I you unsure of anything feel free to ask your gynae any questions you might have.

Next is the exciting part! you get to see your baby! My husband and i didn't know what to expect on our first visit we were expecting to see a tiny weird alien looking baby, because we found out late that i was pregnant so on our first visit our baby was fully formed! we were both crying and smiling we could not contain our excitement. It is truly is a miracle he was floating around and moving his arms! its so crazy cause i expected a very still baby i had not clue they lived there own lives inside your belly!

So once that was done the visit was basically over we went back and sat and spoke to the gynecologist he requested that i go and do blood tests. I did all my blood tests at once because i found out late, but its normally broken up between the first trimester and the second.
I did my bloods at Lancet and i was tested for FBC, blood group, Rubella, Syphilis and HIV
these are the basic tests unless the doctor feels there are other blood tests you need to have done. The total amount was about R1,235. Im not sure what the costs are now cause i had them done in 2017.

I had to do another blood test further on in my pregnancy cause i was low in iron and they were worried. But i got the all clear i was on iron tablets as well.

Towards the end of the visits when i was weeks away the gynae had to feel if my passage was wide enough for the baby. He was worried that the baby was too big and i wouldn't be able to deliver naturally. I was so worried for weeks if i would have to have a c- section. I was suppose to find out the Friday i gave birth if it was ok for me to have natural birth which was so crazy, im glad that it all worked out. I delivered naturally to a healthy 3.1kg baby boy.
(See my blog about my labor experience!)

Lancet Laboratories is directly opposite Parklands within walking distance and they have one in phoenix as well. 

COST OF VISITS
The visits were R800 per visit when i went 2017, but my medical aid only covered two visits, cause i was on the Momentum Ingwe Option. It was really expensive, cause i had to pay cash for the visits that weren't covered. if you thinking of starting a family, i suggest opening a savings account. Cause preparing for everything a baby needs is expensive as well.

So i contacted the gynae (09/01/2019) and the fee has changed and is going to change again after January 2019.
The first Gynae visit is currently R1400 and there after the rest of the visits are R1000 each.
How often you go to the gynae changes with the stages of pregnancy. It starts off once a month you will need to go until your Third Trimester, then its twice a month and then when you closer to the end its every week. I don't know if its the same at every gynae you go to but that was what i had to do.

If you thinking about doing a 4D scan it is normally recommend between 26 and 32 weeks pregnant. If you go after that you don't see much, i couldn't see anything cause i went after that and my baby refused to turn, we tried everything to get him to turn. We moved my belly, i tried walking and doing like squats and he would move for abit then go straight back.
My Scan came free when i booked my delivery at Westville hospital.

GYNECOLOGIST
These are the list of Gynecologist i saw, they all from one practice, they very good.
You can request to book only one cause they rotate days. But i saw who ever was there on that day and i was happy with all.

- B B Bishop
- S P Patel
- S Keerath


Address & Contact details

75 Hopelands Road
Overport
Durban
4001

Tel: 031 208 1037

Hopefully this blog was helpful, feel free to contact the receptionist/nurse shes very helpful.



Comments

  1. I like this post; thanks for this information. It is important to choose a profession that you like the most. If you like gynecology, you should become a gynecologist. A gynecologist is a person who specializes in the science of gynecology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog! Very informative post! Thanks for sharing with us! IVF centre in India, Sofat Infertility & Women Care Centre is the right place for the people who are childless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your amazing experience. Gem Hospital and IVF Centre in Bathinda provides expert treatment. They have best team of doctors as well as the treatment is done at affordable rates. Contact no : 9872344833

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to let you know that you a lot of girls like me became nervous at the first gyne visit. so before the visit we should get tips to overcome the gynecological fear; through internet. thanks for sharing this artilce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see this article. It is really appreciable. Thank you so much for sharing such an informative article about infertility. best infertility hospital in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

pearly whites